School health is a powerful force for increasing equity in children’s health and education. Join colleagues that share your commitment to equity at the California School-Based Health Alliance’s statewide conference - Advancing Equity in Education & Health Care - in San Diego April 30-May 1. Network with other children’s advocates, learn, and get resources to advance our collective mission to give all children an opportunity to succeed.
Location: Bahia Resort Hotel in San Diego
Schedule: May 1: Attend the full day of workshops, exhibits, and networking with a special keynote address by California Assemblymember Shirley Weber.
April 30: Come early for an optional in-depth pre-conference workshop. Choose from: Planning a new school-based health center (SBHC Planning 101); Opening a financially sustainable SBHC (Planning 102); Appropriately applying HIPAA, FERPA, & other confidentiality laws; or Using trauma-informed strategies to de-escalate classroom conflict.
Stay for the networking Welcome Reception on the beach!
Register at www.schoolhealthcenters.org before February 27 to receive discounted rates! Rooms at the Bahia Resort available with our discounted rate are limited so book your room now before it is too late.
- Creating Trauma Sensitive Schools
- Addressing the Root Causes of Chronic Absence at School
- Conducting a Comprehensive School Health Services Needs Assessment
- Understanding Teen Sexual Health & Relationships: A Comprehensive High School Program
- Engaging Black Youth in Radical Healing: Social-Emotional Interventions at SBHCs
- School-Based Oral Health Centers: Partnering to Provide Integrative Care
- Using Private Insurance for Confidential Care: SB 138 & Minor Consent
See all workshops and speakers at http://bit.ly/schoolhealth2015.